Orient IT Services social and ethical policy applies universal and acts as a reference point to guide employees and other stakeholders.
The policy comprehends meticulous provisions covering the following aspects:
Compliance with the law and applicable regulations
- To every extent possible work performed must be on the basis of recognised employment relationship established through UAE law and practice.
- Sound employment policies, which take account of labour rights and conventions, prohibit discrimination and include recruitment, employment and promotion solely on the basis of qualification and ability.
Commitment to customers, partners and suppliers
- Utmost integrity in business dealings and absolute probity in business transactions.
- Avoidance of conflicts of interest by employees.
- Community involvement and charitable assistance.
- Periodic training and awareness shall be carried out to educate employees about various type and ways of bribery and facilitation payments and internal procedure to be followed for compliances.
- Employee working hours will comply with the UAE legislation. Overtime, when available, will be allocated on an equitable basis and will be managed to ensure that the demands on the individual are reasonable.
- Working hours comply with UAE laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever afford the greater protection.
- In any event, workers shall not, on a regular basis, be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and shall be provided with at least one day off for every 7 day period, on average.
Orient IT operates to an Equality Policy which will not tolerate discrimination, and our thorough Grievance Procedure supports this stance.
Inhumane treatment of employees
Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, UAE legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is the highest.
- All workers shall be provided with written and understandable information about their employment conditions in respect to wages before they enter employment and about the pay period concerned each time that they are paid.
- There is no discrimination on hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation
- Orient IT has a Disciplinary Code which applies to all employees. This ensures that individuals have the opportunity to be represented at formal investigations, and in the event that they disagree with the findings, they have the automatic right of appeal to a more senior management forum.
Continuous improvements in managing its environmental impact
- Full compliance with health and safety regulations
- Protection of confidential information
- Communication of all policies to appropriate stakeholders
- There are formal reporting channels throughout the organization to investigate allegations of misconduct and to take appropriate actions.
- In order to minimise any malpractice we continually investigate and monitor social and ethical issues enabling them to improve current policies and to implement initiatives to reduce the risk of future incidents
Orient IT Services
Office No. 712, B Wing
Dubai Business Village
Dubai- United Arab Emirates
PO Box: 122302
Tel: +971 4 2954931, Fax: +971 4 2954932